Thursday, September 23, 2010

Haitai Cry's For Help


   Since the devastating earthquake that shook Haiti to its core, 1.3 million people have been displaced from their homes. Haitian citizens are desperate for money, food, anything to improve their terrible situation. In a cry for help letter a Haitian woman Mary Jean Jean writes:

“I feel discouraged, I don’t sleep comfortably, I gave birth six months ago, the baby died, I have six other children, they don’t have a father, I don’t have work, my tarp is torn, the rain panics me, my house was crushed, I don’t have money to feed my family, I would really love it if you would help me,” wrote Marie Jean Jean.

   Haiti is one of the most poverty stricken nations in the world. Haiti has very little money even when times are good, so it is no shock that when disaster strikes, it strikes hard and repairing the nation is all but impossible without help. Haitians have no other options but to beg and ask for help by any means necessary. I believe that it is the duty of powerful, flourishing nations to provide any type of assistance to 3rd world countries such as Hatti. Haitians, although poor, are people just like the rest of us and should be helped in such a severe time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment